Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 22:44:13 +0000
From:
Bob Draper <[log in to unmask]>
Donald Satz wrote:

>Although I love being on this list and communicating with other list
>members, the fact is that we are in a minority position concerning what
>most folks look for and want in music.  It's melody and entertainment
>that carry the day; That's what puts Mozart so high on the pedestal.

In another posting (reHaydn) I mentioned that I attended a talk given by
Christopher Hogwood to introduce his Haydn symphony series.

One member of the audience asked why Christopher thought Mozart was more
famous than Haydn.  His reply was that "rightly or wrongly it's because
Mozart wrote more catchy tunes".

Bob Draper