Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 11:40:33 +0000
From:
Bob Draper <[log in to unmask]>
Mikael Rasmusson wrote

>Felix Delbrueck wrote regarding Brahms orchestrations:
>>...  The only work I can think of where the orchestration (and the piano
>>writing, for that matter) doesn't always seem to work is the 1st piano
>>concerto.
>
>The begining puts me off. Good musical idea, buut  bad realisation...

It's funny how opinions can vary.  This is one of my top ten works of all
time (Brahms First heads the list!).  It's precisely that beginning that
reaches out and grabs you by the proverbials that appeals to me.

This is music about emotion, about feeling the struggles of life which are
so apparent when one is young.

I think too much time is spent by some people on this list analysing the
construction of a piece and not enough experiencing the message conveyed.

Bob Draper