Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 00:31:48 -0700
From:
"William J. Karzas" <[log in to unmask]>
Among other things in his well-phrased post, Kevin Sutton wrote the following:

>The main difference that I detect between Naxos and Arte Nova is in the
>repertoire.  Naxos has rather systematically set out to record damn near
>everything imaginable whereas I find Arte Nova to be a hodge podge of
>everything from Beethoven to Schnabel to collections of Marian choral
>works.  They don't seem to have a consistent and well thought out plan
>for what will be in their catalogue.

So, a program to rather systematically record damn near everything
imaginable is somehow to be distinguished from a hodge-podge?? It strikes
me that Naxos' "record everything" plan is *not* a consistent and well
thought out plan for what will be in *their* catalogue.  [In particular,
a recent post noted the not infrequent failure to follow through on Naxos'
announced recording plans.]

Regards,

Bill Karzas                     [log in to unmask]