Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 17:21:00 PDT
From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Peter Varley wrote:

>Companies which expect me to pay full price for recordings of standard
>repertoire are either stupid or think I am.

Color me stupid.  I expect to pay full price for new recordings, and
I have no problem with this concept as long as I very much want the
particular recording.  The Mosaiques have a new Mozart string quartet
recording, I wanted it, and I bought it.  It's great and worth every
penny.  I work hard, make good money, and have every intention of enjoying
the proceeds.  If I was poor, then I'd be looking for every bargain.

Some folks are not budget minded - they're budget obsessed.

I think it's fair to say that if I opened a record store in Peter's
geographical area, he would never be in it.

Don Satz