Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 29 May 1999 21:21:33 -0400
From:
"Robert M. Stumpf II" <[log in to unmask]>
I am working on a review of the recent EMI release of Jansons and the St.
Petersburg PO.  I highly recommend it, for what it's worth.  Anyway, there
is an instrument in the third movement that I cannot identify.  At moments
it sounds like an accordian or something.  Then I think it is an oboe, but
it is too mystical sounding.  I read the notes to see if I could find out
the instrumentation.  Nil.  Even tried my other recording.  Checked out
Steinberg's book.  He doesn't even discuss it.  I guess he assumes it
should have remained unpublished.  Anyway, it is a very good work and it
has been growing on me.  Still, I cannot figure out what the instrument is.
Can anyone help?

Peace, bob stumpf
http://www.classical.net/music/recs/reviews/maestrno/