Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 30 May 1999 08:12:18 +1000
From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Don Satz asked:

>I don't have many Dutoit recordings, but I'm at a loss to figure out
>how his reputation has been attained.  I would like to get an excellent
>recording of his.  Anything out there?

I know of two that are well worth the trouble.  Erato's budget-priced
Collection series contains Dutoit doing Honegger's 1st, Pastorale d'ete
and the three symphonic movements.  On Ultima is a 2-CD set of the Roussel
symphonies.  The 3rd is not in the same class as Bernstein's, nor the best,
IMO, Munch's, but the 1st and 2nd are rarely recorded, and the set is worth
acquiring for these alone.

Richard Pennycuick