Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 15:14:10 -0400
From:
Andrew Carlan <[log in to unmask]>
Jon Johanning hopes:

>I live to see the day when people no longer talk as though Hitler's
>opinion on *anything* was worth a second's consideration.  The man (I
>use the term loosely) was a murderous lunatic, perhaps the greatest one
>who ever lived, and certainly not an authority on Wagner.

Do you walk through doors rear-end first? (-:) You've got it backwards.
It is Wagner's ego trip I was originally commenting on and his pack of
rogue descendants, up to this generation, who seem like Nietzsche to
finally realize what a hoax Wagner was.

As to Hitler, you are right.  He might have loved Lowenbrau.  If I was
marketing that beer, I would keep it a deep, dark secret.

BTW, the original theme was the far-fetched defamation that Beethoven was
anti-Semitic.  Then someone want off the subject.  Elephantiasis is already
in Wagner long before Hitler rolls around.  Whatever Elephantiasis there is
in Beethoven is in those compositions that fit the public's image of the
superhero as composer as in "Immortal Beloved." But most of Beethoven is
full of the good humor or transforming as Goethe said of the manure that
composes the German nation which Beethoven transformed into the
transcendent flower.

A. Carlan
Speaking Up For Nielsen