Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 12:54:57 -0700
From:
Bob Kasenchak <[log in to unmask]>
Gerald F Pillay writes:

>Hello CM List.

Hello, Gerald in Singapore.

>Love the sound of the "countertenor" voice.  I think we had one in >St
>Joseph's (PM) Choir, in the 1950s.  He sang with the sopranos (boys >in
>those days).  Would like to own a CD of a countertenor.  Could >someone
>kindly recommend?

The new hot countertenor seems to be Yoshikazu Mera from Japan.  He has a
number of CDs out on the BIS label singing anything from classical works to
Japanese traditional stuff.  I think he also joins Masaaki Suzuki and the
Japan Bach Collegium on some of the BIS Bach Cantata cycle.

This guy's voice is unreal.  And I'm not a big countertenor fan per se.

Bob K.