Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 15:04:04 PDT
From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Philip Peters wrote:

>Rilling's is not a HIP recording nor its opposite but something in between:
>played on modern instruments but not without obviously having listened to
>HIP as well.  AFAIK there doesn't exist any one satisfying complete set.

I realize that many modern instrument performances of baroque music do pay
some attention to historical accuracy.  However, they still use modern
strings which is my basic problem with modern instrument performances.

There probably isn't any throughly recommendable complete set, but that
will change when Suzuki and Koopman eventually complete their on-going
series.

Don Satz