Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 22 May 1999 13:53:29 +0200
From:
James Zehm <[log in to unmask]>
Kurt Weill's "Die Sieben Todsuenden" intrigued me...how shall this work
really be interpreted? I suggest it is a critizism (what to expect from
Weill?) of the bourgeoisie's (remember the original title is:  "Die sieben
Todsuenden des Kleinbuegers") double nature.  The dual personality of Anna
should indicate this.  But how shall this really be interpreted? In her
first "Lied der Schwester", Anna the Sister ensures us that "Wir sind
eigentlich nicht zwei Personen sondern nur eine einzige..." (We are in
fact not two persons, just one).  Meanwhile the family sings:  "may the
Lord entlighten our children".  etc.

Maybe anyone on the list have more thoughts on this piece and are ready to
elaborate on this?

James Zehm <[log in to unmask]>