Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 18:31:19 -0400
From:
Nate DeMaria <[log in to unmask]>
A passion for classical music is definately bred through exposure.  People
whose parents drag them to classical concerts as children wind up loving
classical music as adults.  It takes time for classical music to grow on
oneself.  I love it because as a violinist, I have played it everyday since
I was young and therefore had a ton of exposure to it.  Someone who doesn't
grow up with it playing on thier parent's stereo, being dragged to concerts
or playing an instrument would need to initiate the listening of classical
music themselves.  This is more difficult to some unexperienced listeners
because other types of music such as rock and roll provide an instant rush
to the inexperienced listener.  A piece like Barber's Adagio would seem
boring at first to someone who wasn't used to it or in touch with the
details and harmonic beauty of classical music.  I have to admit that
it took a while for me to get used to Barber's Adagio because of it's
intensely slow speed.  After playing it for a few months however, I
developed a love and appreciation for it and now consider it the most
beautiful piece I've ever heard or played.

From: Nate DeMaria <[log in to unmask]>