Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 19:03:47 -0700
From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Nate DeMaria ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>I was wondering if there are other companies similar to Naxos that sell
>bargain cd's, and how is the quality of these bargain cd's in comparison
>to recordings on more expensive labels like Philips or DG?

Well I picked up the first 4 epsiodes of David Zinman's Beethoven cycle
on Arte Nova in London and am very favourably impressed.  i've heard good
things about their Skrowacecki Bruckner series too.

Having said which, some of the great recordings of all time are
available at mid and budget price on the major labels.

Deryk Barker