Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 15:43:00 +0200
From:
James Zehm <[log in to unmask]>
Tony Duggan Staffordshire wrote:

>>>Don't chuck out the Ljubliana Mahler 6th under Nanut.  It is rather good
>>>for what you pay.  Nanut is a good conductor and he pops up a lot on these
>>>cheapo recordings.

And I agree about Nanut. I have a big bunch Grand Gala CDs (los cheapos)
with lots of Nanut conducting Radio Symphony Orchestra Ljubljana, and I
would say too for that price it is good stuff.

>These very cheap Mahler symphony recordings appear on various labels: All
>the Pilz incarnations, Zyx, etc.

And not only Mahler. I have a tremendeous Bruckner 2 on Pilz conducted by
Alberto Lizzio, obviously a ghost. Does anybody know who this Lizzio really
is (in this set)? The symphony is brieftakenly taken after all, and I
warmly recommend it!

>The 5th does sound awful.  I haven't heard a 1st credited to Nanut,
>though there is one knocking about sometimes credited to him and sometimes
>to "Vladimir Petroschoff" and that IS truly awful.

Is this Petroschoff a ghost too?

James Zehm <[log in to unmask]>