Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 08:15:01 -0700
From:
Mark Shanks <[log in to unmask]>
Lars-Johan Lonn writes:

>Yesterday, I attended a concert in Stockholm.  The Swedish Radio Orchestra
>was playing under the batoon of Tomas Dausgaard.  Soloist this evening was
>Isabelle van Keulen i Allan Petterssons second violin concerto.  ...
>I have one question.  Is this concerto played abroad?

Unfortunately, there is absolutely NO Pettersson performed in the US.
(But then, what do you expect from a country where "pro wrestling" is
the highest rated show on cable television?) I doubt if most of the
major conductors in the country have even *heard* of him.  But back to
the second Violin Concerto - wonderful music indeed.  A pity that more
soloists don't take it up.  *I* think we have a sufficiency of
Brahms/Tchaikovsky/Beethoven concerto recordings out there.....

Mark