Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 11:50:27 +0800
From:
Mark Knezevic <[log in to unmask]>
El Albaicin is the first piece of Book 3 of Albeniz's Iberia Suite, the
last and crowning achievement of the composer.

What is it? I couldn't say but if you looked for it on the web I would
suspect that you would find a city or town with the same name somewhere
in Spain or the Iberia peninsula in general.

Oh wait, I've just checked the cd sleeve -

"El Albaicin refers to a gipsy quarter of Granada, and it is based on
timbre opposition."

 [That was from a cd with Concierto Fantastico, Op.78 and Iberia
orchestrated, Enrique Perez de Guzman on piano, with the Orquesta de
Valencia, Manuel Galduf conducting on the Auvidis Valois label (V 4661)].

Hope that answers your question.

-Mark Knezevic
http://www.iinet.net.au/~dydx/