From:
Bruce Guidotti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 13:43:08 EDT
In a message dated 5/15/99 2:29:06 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< I have been using a cross with two additional horizontal wires for added
strength.  I tighten them by hand easily.  It is worth the extra time to have
4 wires with the middle two criss, crossed.  Regards, a proud owner of Pierco
frames for the past 5 years!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

I am just trying Pierco for the first time this season on a package of bees I
just hived.
In the first week they made what seemed to me to be an inordinate amount of
free comb in the space where I hung the queen cage.

Second week, they didn't draw out much more of the Pierco.

I mixed Pierco and regular foundation frames last weekend to try to see if
there tardiness is due to unseasonably cold weather in the Berkshires or to
reluctance to accept Pierco.

Anyone any experiences or opinions about acceptance of Pierco?

Bruce