Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 21:43:54 -0500
I have a Question to ask the list, but first I need to give some
information, I think.
It was late evening and I was mowing the lawn. I decided to mow in front
of two hives. No hood or vail, both double brood boxes, 2nd year
colonies, LARGE colonies. Well the mower hit a stick right in front of
the hive and then stopped running. Not a good place to have a break
down. Their looked like 10,000 workers on each of the landing areas. Got
the machine running in no time at all. Since there were part of that 10,
000 bees in my hair, poking through my shirt and in my eyebrows. Oh my
:-(   Finally had to leave the mower to many bees in my face and hair.
Found a water hose to wash down. They finally left and I went inside to
get the stingers out of my scalp and face. As I was setting there
picking stingers, appx 15 minutes later, the bottom of my feet and the
palms of my hands started to itch. It lasted about 30 minutes then
stopped. I could not understand that since I was stung on the face and
head.
Can anyone tell me why this itching occurred.
Thanks  :-)
gw
Protective gear keeps you safe, WEAR  IT.