From:
Scott Moser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 May 1999 11:23:05 -0500
Greetings all,
     I saw the post about sting reaction, and had to reply.  As a fairly new
beekeeper, I was afraid of the stings at first, not sure how my body would
react.  With time, the symptoms have lessened to the point where the sting
hurts, and has local swelling, and cant even be found in a couple of hours.
I did have a sting on my ankle last year that made me wonder though.  It
caused my foot to swell for 4 days, was warm to the touch, and hurt like
crazy.  A nursing friend of mine told me it could be due to less circulation
in that area.  I have also been told that the age of the bee doing the
stinging, and it's role in the hive may have an impact on reaction.
Supposedly guard bees have more potent venom?  Hope that info helps.  Thanks
all!
Scott Moser
Moser's Apiary
Cedar Hill, MO.

"I believe beekeeping mirrors life.  One must endure a few stings to enjoy
the final sweet rewards."  S. Moser