From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 08:13:15 -0500
On 31 Jan 99, at 10:17, John Valentine wrote:

> several hundred feet away the next day.  And for two days whenever we left
> the house, we and the dogs were under attack.  I moved the hive out into
> the woods "at night" and while wearing two bee suits I requeened it a week
> later.  I usually don't wear protective clothing, just shorts and
> tee-shirt; tee-shirt optional.  These mean/nasty Bees also had three times
> the honey stores as the rest of my hives.

Further on this note we had a number of hives that went 'bad' on
us, more honey than all the rest, But here's the point. Varroa hit us
late last summer, came in with these angry hives. They were out
robbing other hives, got more honey, but got enough Varroa to kill
them all. Yet hives just next door had hardly any infestation.
 I'm pretty much convinced angry hives are robbers and the only
reason they get more honey is because they steal it!
        Has anyone noticed an increase in angry bees in the last
couple of years? It seems when I was younger that angry hives
weren't as common as these days.

The Bee Works, 9 Progress Drive, Unit 2,
Orillia, Ontario, Canada.L3V 6H1.
Phone (705)326 7171 Fax (705)325 3461
David Eyre, Owner
e-mail<[log in to unmask]>
http://www.beeworks.com
This months special:-Queen Rearing Equipment.