From:
Matthew Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 16:29:49 +1000
Aaron Rabushka wrote:

>First time music has been composed for Shakuhachi and a western orchestra?
>Rembmer Takemitsu's "November Steps" that features a shakuhachi and a biwa
>in front of a western orchestra. Also, don't forget the VMM CD "Modern
>American Chamber Music" (available from me) that includes a work by David
>Loeb for shakuhachi quintet.

Thankyou Aaron.  I stand corrected.  As I said that is what we were told.
I was called in for a rehearsal of this music before they started to record
and this is what was being said.  It would not be the first time the ABC
has misinformed people.  Maybe it was that it was the first time a whole CD
of shakuhachi and western orchestra music was recorded.  Of course this
also could be in error.  It would not surprise.

Matthew Gillett <[log in to unmask]>