HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Linda Derry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Derry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 17:23:52 -0500
Did you miss anything important?

yes.

archaeological parks!

places where the public can always find archaeological education,  year
round.  And, unlike certain  archaeological parkweb pages (which shall
remain nameless) , don't forget historical archaeological parks (like Old
Cahawba :- )

Linda Derry ([log in to unmask])
Old Cahawba Archaeological Park
Alabama Historical Commission

> Dear List:
>
> I would very much appreciate any information on public archaeology
programs
> and projects which you think are of special interest.
>
> I have a very short timeline for an article to be published in the new
> Journal of Public Archaeology out of the Institute of Archaeology at
London.
> It would be wonderful if the first issue of the new journal had an
overview
> article on North America, so I am scrambling right now to get it done.
>
> The subject is the current state of public archaeology across North
America