HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Paul Morrissette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 1994 11:52:10 -0500
I remember a forwarded message from MUSEUM-L a while back that mentioned
the Great Whiteout Debate as part of a broader message. I didn't keep it
and my reply "hiccupped" and burned up on re-entry. Our conservators
insist that we do not use correction fluid because its ingredients are not
controlled. Conservators only like to use materials that are manufactured
according to a specific formulae where the amount and type of materials
used are listed on the container. This aids in future treatment, removal,
etc. They are also none to thrilled with clear nail polish but usually
don't complain.

Paul Morrissette

Collections Technologist
Canadian Heritage