From:
David Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 23:36:55 +0100
Alan Lynn wrote:

>I think I should expand my soundtrack collection...  Who are the best film
>composers? What are the best film scores?

I understand VW 7 was used in a film consequently the name:  Sinfonia
Antarctica, which is very programmatic and possibly what you are after.
Walton is supposed to be one of the best and he writes real music, rather
than 'Mush for Strings' like so many others.  I just listened to his Henry
V suite.  Very enjoyable.  Came as a bit of a decrescendo (I know its
cheesy) after Belshazzar's Feast.

David Stewart