From:
Wilson Pereira <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 23:11:52 -0300
Gerardo Constantini wrote:

>And speaking about conductors, very few of them deserve to be
>called Maestro.  Once more: each word has two meanings: the linguistic
>one,and /or the trascendental one.  Regarding the trascendental meaning of
>the word maestro(which is very complex) conductors like Jeffrey Tate can't
>be called maestro,for two reasons:because the spinal desease(spina bifida),
>and for the open homosexuality(scandal).

Mr. Constantini expressed about a month ago the point of view that
he wouldn't recommend a recording of the Romanian conductor Sergiu
Celibidache, even not listening to any of his very few recordings.  Now he
says that conductors like Jeffrey Tate can't be called conductors because
of his spinal desease and because of his homosexualy.  From time to time I
see this kind of thing in this list.  I would like to say that this trend
is totally out of date.  Why people insist on this fallacy?

Wilson Pereira.