From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 08:11:07 PDT
Bob Kasenchak wrote concerning Handel arias:

>the same 10 words of text be used for one 15 minute aria?

Sure.  10 words or 5 words - makes little difference to me, because
I don't pay attention to the words.

Which Handel arias last 15 minutes?  I can't remember any that go over 10
minutes, and most are 3 to 5 minutes.

David Stewart wrote:

>...I find that arias do tend to all roll into each other while I
>gradually lose conciousness unless I take them in bitesize chunks, so 40
>minutes is the ideal time to take a break from a Handel oratorio or opera.

Good idea.  I have the additional condition of needing to change locations
every half hour or so; I just can't stay in one place too long.  I like to
switch activites frequently.  Just listening to one entire disc in one
sitting would be a strange event for me.

Time to do something else,

Don Satz