From:
Jeff Tedford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 May 1999 05:44:52 -0700
Jorge Zepeda <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>You missed my favorite.  Mozart's Grand Partida for 13 wind instruments.

The most ravishing version I know of this work is Zubin Mehta's with
members of the Berlin Philharmonic on Sony Classical.  The sound is modern,
the playing simply marvelous, beautifully paced without undue exaggeration
or plagued with fussy mannerisms.  This performance has never failed to
move me to gratitude and serenity.  If you're don't own the Violin
Concertos in the Philips duo with Colin Davis conducting and Grumiaux as
soloist, then you truly have a magnificent set of performances to discover.
A bargain especially at the price.

Jeff Tedford aka [log in to unmask]