From:
Jon Johanning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 23:36:05 -0400
Steve wrote:

>Talk to a string player.  His parts get rewritten all the time.

In the quartets? Sounds strange to me.  I have 3 CD sets, early, middle,
and late, by 3 different quartets, and while I haven't made a very careful
study of their performances, score in hand, it sounds to me as though
they're all playing the notes as written.

In any case, if old Ludwig's writing in the quartets is "wrong" (especially
in the late ones), I'll take "wrong" over "right" every time. (Of course,
I'm not a string player!)

Jon Johanning // [log in to unmask]