From:
Ying Liu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 13:24:29 +0800
Jon Johanning wrote:

>I would like to be able to say that pop music inevitably makes people
>stupid and vicious, while CM enobles and enlightens humanity, but I am
>afraid that that is attributing much too much effect to music.  Exactly
>why different individuals have different tastes in music (or other arts)
>is mostly a mystery to me, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with
>the rest of their characters.

Recently, some survey result shows that those kids are more clever and
have better memory whose mother listened to Mozart's music when they were
pregnant than those whose mother don't.  Compare CM to pop music, just like
fastfood and real French/Chinese cuisine.  Pop music is closer to human
nature so it more often stimulates people but CM calms your soul down and
make you find or realize the real beauty and significance of life.  That
is the reason why CM is ever-lastingly beloved by human beings, especially
when they are old and have more and deeper feeling about life.  People have
different taste of different CM works as they have various feeling and
taste towards beauty and life.

Ying Liu