From:
James Zehm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 May 1999 14:31:27 +0200
Eric Kisch <[log in to unmask]> wrote about Opera Subtitles, which is a
red carpet for me, James the bull.

I would like to just shortly point out that it is up to the audience to
learn the story of the opera....this could easily be done with buying a set
of the opera one wants to see...or even cheaper as most of libraries have
a fine set of CM today - at least where I live.

I say a little preparation goes a long way, and if the audience don't
want to prepare itself, they are not really interested of the opera,
and then one shouldn't maybe offer the opera to them at all!
*thinkingofsomethingsimilarwhichRimsky-KorsakovsaidabouttheParisaudience*

James "The Bull" Zehm