From:
Gerardo Constantini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 May 1999 03:26:10 -0500
Your comentary about Anievas,make me feel so happy.I really didn't mention
his Liszt sonata recording just because i forgot,and because i was his
pupil at Brooklyn College.You would ask why? Well in other piano list,i
witten an opinion about his Schubert Impromptus(wich i consider maybe the
best on earth),and the Brendel fans answer to me in very bad terms:You said
that because he was your teacher.Well you can understand the reason i do
not speak to much about him.But know i feel back with your opinions about
him.The first time i listened to him was in a radio program,performing a
lot of Chopin.Since that day (i was 15)i was dreaming in study with
him(maybe as a fantasy),and this world sometimes is to small:I studied
with him, and it was a marvelous experience,not only from the proffessional
point of view,but also from the human one.  i reccomend to you to listen
his Haendel and Paganini (Brahms) variations.Is a monument.In the last
years i lost contact with him.If anybody knows how i can contact again with
him,my wife and i will be very glad.  Among my other teachers,i had too a
great pianist:Oxana Yablonskaya.I studied with her at Mannes College.  Best
wishes.

Gerardo:.