From:
Patrik Enander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 May 1999 09:36:51 +0200
Don Satz wrote:

>Tchaikovsky - Symphony no. 5 - Gergiev - Philips.  Every year or two, I
>give Tchaikovsky another chance.  Gergiev just might be the one.

It got a very good review in a Swedish newspaper.

>Haydn - piano sonatas - Schiff - Teldec.  I can't resist this one.
>Now, for the sure "pick" of the month, I select the Quatuor Mosaiques
>performing Mozart's string quartets kv 575 & 590 on Astree.  This
>recording should have everything I want from a Mozart string quartet.

I listened to them breifly in the cd-store yesterday and I agree with
Don. Very interseting

I also found a couple of Harmonia Mundi bargains.  3 cd packages at the
price of 200 Swedish kronor (1 dollar is ca.  8 Swedish kronor) Among them
were the Coin, Hobarth and Cohen recordings of Beethoven's paino trios.
Has anyone heard them?

Patrik