From:
Ian Foster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 08:55:07 +0100
Roger Hecht recommends a recording of Zemlinsky's Die Seejungfrau with
Dansgaard.  Could anyone enlighten me about this recording? I don't
currently have access to the World Wide Web, only e-mail, so a catalogue
number would be helpful.

Could I also ask Roger why he has pushed this version so strongly.  I was
thinking of getting the Chailly recording on Decca (London in the USA),
which has been strongly recommended here in the UK (for example, in the
Penguin Guide).  What are the couplings if any with the Dansgaard?

Many thanks,

Ian Foster