From:
Nate DeMaria <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 15:00:20 -0400
I am relatively new to the classical music repertiore, and I am looking to
expand my personal listening repertiore.  Over the past year I have fell in
love with Tchaikovsky's 6th symphony, the Brahms Symphonies, Scheherezade
by Rimsky-Korsakov, the Sibelius, Tchaikovsky and Brahms Violin Concertos,
and the short pieces of Samuel Barber.  I listen to these group of pieces
constantly, but only add on a new one after playing it in one of the
orchestras I play in.  As you probably guessed, I'm into romantic music.
But I'm open to all types and periods of music.  Does anyone have any
suggestions to what pieces I may like, considering the pieces I mentioned
above?

Nate DeMaria