From:
Michael Stein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 21:12:32 EDT
David Stewart said:

>Does anyone else on the list have periodic obsessions?

Sure, and isn't it wonderful!  To discover a new composer, or period, and
delve into what has been for me unexplored territory, serves as a marvelous
reminder that there is always something new to find.  Among my periodic
obsessions, over the decades (Oof!  I didn't need that reminder) were the
Scarlatti sonatas by Valenti on Westminster, Schnabel's Beethoven series,
the Busch Quartet, Jean-Phillippe Rameau, the Vienna Konzerhaus Quartet,
Bach's solo music for keyboard and strings, Yevgenii Koroliov.....  I can
hardly wait for my next obsession!  What's yours?

Michael Stein