From:
Gerardo Constantini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 01:40:46 -0600
Giuliano wrote:

>Derek Lim wrote:
>
>>I don't think I ever read a complimentary review of a Mehta recording
>
>How strange!  Mehta has been principal conductor of the 'Maggio Musicale
>Fiorentino' for 13 years now, and every new season only consolidates
>his reputation, both with his orchestra, which incidentally is one of
>the most versatile and finest in Italy due to Mehta's programming ...

Well,very interesting information about Metha.  I was thinking (in the
last years)he just made a process of retrogradation.  From an outstanding
symphony music conductor,to an Opera screemers conductor, specially for
his really low level in that circus in a Stadium, conducting the Pavarotti,
Carreras, and Domingo.  It's unbelievable.  I feel glad he is doing again
a serious job.

Auguri
Gerardo Constantini:.