From:
Drew Capuder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 11:45:10 -0400
I was browsing Deutsche Grammophon's web site, and was reading biographical
info on Pollini; and I was reviewing a list of his available recordings.
In the biographical information, I saw that Pollini over the last several
years performed in a number of cities an entire Beethoven piano sonata
cycle.  Does anyone know if DGG plans on recording a complete Beethoven
piano sonata cycle from Pollini?

As a follow-up to my earlier message today [Above.  -Dave] about Pollini
and Beethoven recordings, I did some more digging on DGG's web site, and
found the following page which discusses his new Brahms disc and some
upcoming recordings:

   http://www.dgclassics.com/news/newsff.htm

This page refers to an upcoming recording of the Diabelli Variations.  It
also refers to his recent live Beethoven sonata recording (with his second
recording of Waldstein) as being the first in a "series" of live Beethoven
recordings.  We can only hope that these recordings come out soon.

Drew M. Capuder
Fairmont, West Virginia USA