From:
Tom Molloy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 10:12:36 -0500
Aaron Rabushka wrote:

>She (Davrath) did some dynamite recordings of Yiddish songs to boot!
>I'm not sure what Vanguard has put out on CD.

Davrath was an extremely gifted and versitile performer, who sang just
about everything imaginable.  She died rather young (about 52 or so).  Does
anybody know why she died so young? Her "Songs of the Auvergne" is still,
in many ways, the best of all of them, despite recent recordings by such
singers as Frederica von Stade and Dame Kiri Te Kanawa.

Tom Molloy