From:
Andrew Carlan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 05:47:26 -0400
Surely one of the noblest national anthems is the Dutch.  "We gather
together to ask the Lord's blessing" is the hymnal wording Americans sing
at Thanksgiving.  I am sure the official anthem has more patriotic wording.
But the melody is sublime.  And if the Finns use Finlandia as their
national song, that is no mean anthem.

As for the U.S., if we want to make culture cool, we could adopt as our
national anthem "Give My Regards To Broadway" sung by Jimmy Cagney.

BTW, the county I live in is called Nassau and uses as its seal the
official seal of the House of Orange and Nassau.

Andrew Carlan, Nassau County, NY, USA