From:
Eric Schissel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 17:15:41 -0400
Hrm.  Know several Thompson works, I like especially the first string
quartet, haven't heard the Testament of Freedom.  Of the Jefferson words it
sets, does it set his warnings about the influence of moneyed corporations
(called by a different name in those days, I think?)...  prophetic then,
topical around WW2, and more than just topical now.

.Some. segments of the Left- if not most of it (I'd say most of it)- know
Jefferson said such things, know he was on the democratic side of the
Founders (as against Madison and Jay, who were on the moneyed side, to be
relatively simplistic but still fairly accurate), and respect him for it.

Eric Schissel
http://www.lightlink.com/schissel ICQ#7279016