From:
David Cozy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 18:13:40 +0900
I came across this poem (by Joseph Stroud) today:

   These Nights, Passing Through

   Between us and death are all the days and nights
   from which we fashion our life.  Don't bother
   to count them.  They won't add up to enough.
   All evening I've been listening to Netania Davrath
   singing songs from the Auvergne, the music
   quieting in me, the way stars dissolve in the dawn.

A note informs us--"Netania Davrath: Soprano who recorded _Songs of the
Auvergne_ orchestrated by Joseph Canteloube (Vanguard Classics 8001/2)"

My interest is piqued.  Is anyone familiar with these songs, with Netania
Davrath, with this disc? Is Davrath's version the one to look for? Are
there better versions? Will the songs quiet in me, "the way stars dissolve
in the dawn?"

(And for those who are interested the poem comes from Joseph Stroud's
superb new collection _Below Cold Mountain_ [1998 Port Townsend,
Washington:  Copper Canyon Press].)

Yours,

David Cozy
mailto:[log in to unmask]