Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 10:24:25 +0100
From:
Mikael Rasmusson <[log in to unmask]>
Don Satz on Liszt 1:

>17 minutes is too long - I'm waiting for the 10 minute version having
>judicious cuts which enhance the music's flow and eliminate all bombastic
>passages.  The problem with the 17/18 minute performance is that 'I' end
>up feeling like the slaughtered one.

Sorry, there are no optional cuts available in this concerto, but why don't
you try no 2?!  It's more lyrical and there is one optional cut (provided
by Liszt) so you can program your CD to skip one track and still listen to
an "official" version.  That would leave about 18 mins of music, so I guess
it's also too much Liszt.

To be serious, people may have problems with sudden changes of mood and
keys in Liszt's music.  To me, his music is very different compared to
other romantic stuff, so I was really chocked when I first heard his music.

Mikael