Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 12:49:29 -0400
From:
William Hong <[log in to unmask]>
Walter Meyer wrote:

>WETA, my default station, generally plays complete works, even during
>drive time in the later AM (PM is for "Fresh Air", "All Things Considered",
>"Market Place" and news broadcasts) and has a reasonable mix of seldom
>heard works.

And of course WETA can boast of one Robert Aubry Davis, who on Sundays can
co-host "Songs for Ageing Children" (trips down Classic Rock-n-roll Lane
for graying Baby Boomers), and later on that same evening his "Millenium of
Music" (stuff before J.S.  Bach) and "The European Centuries" (stuff from
the Baroque forward into early Romantic; both shows with an emphasis on HIP
ensembles).

>It was apparently dangerous at one time to listen to WGMS or its
>predecessor.  In a Suapreme Court case, the name of which has slipped
>my mind, a Navy Department employee, whom the Court found to have been
>improperly declared a security risk, had been considered suspect because,
>among other things, he subscribed to the WGMS program guide.

Heaven help anybody who has a security clearance now and listens to
classical Chinese music--all those secret messages buried in the CDs when
they're played backwards....

Bill H.