Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 19:26:00 -0500
From:
Steven Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Bruce McKinney replies to me:

>>Bernstein dedicated his first recording of his 3rd Symphony to the memory
>>of John F.  Kennedy.
>
>Bernstein dedicated the score of the Kaddish (3rd Symphony) to Kennedy.
>Did he also dedicate the recording to him?

Now that I look at the album cover, it seems ambiguous.  The front says

   To the beloved memory of John F. Kennedy
   Symphony No. 3
   Kaddish
   Leonard Bernstein
   Conducted by the Composer
   Felicia Montealegre, speaker
   Jennie Tourel, mezzo-soprano
   Camerata Singers, Abraham Kaplan, director
   Columbus Boychoir, Donald Bryant, director
   New York Philharmonic
   (First Recording)

Does the dedication apply to the symphony, to the recording, or to both?

Steve Schwartz