Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 09:30:42 +0900
From:
Kai Czepiczka <[log in to unmask]>
Peter Lundin wrote:

>Kai Czepiczka, writes:
>
>>When I looked for op. 110a in a book about Shostakovich I couldn't find
>>it listed, but I noticed that op. 110 is his "String Quartet No. 8".
>
>That is fact. (Which book if I may inquire?)

Of course!  It's called "Dmitri Dmitrijewitsch Schostakowitsch" by Natalja
Walerewna Lukjanowa.  I've got the German translation (Copyright 1980 for
the original text).  Unfortunately I havn't started yet to read the book,
I bought it in January this year when I was in Germany last time [I'm
German but live in Korea].

>>(I'm not familiar with the String Quartets)?
>
>Then I suggest that You aquaint Yourself they contain a welth of music,
>The Borodin qt.  on Melodiya or the Shostakovich qt.  on Olympia get my
>wotes for complete sets, while the Borodin on Virgin (SQ's 3, 7, 8), is
>a fine way to begin looking.

Thanks for the recommendation.  I think I'll investigate this together
with the Naxos disk you mentioned.  Thanks again also to all the others
answering my question regarding the opp.  67, 110 and 110a!

Kai Czepiczka,
South Korea