Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 1999 15:03:43 -0700
From:
Douglas Purl <[log in to unmask]>
Sir Tony Duggan wrote:

>It IS incorrect for Previn to be styled "Sir" Andre irrespective of
>American sensibilities.  The Award was Honorary so he can be Andre Previn
>KBE if he so chooses.  I have more than a suspicion that the days of titles
>are numbered even for those of us born in The Sceptred Isle, however.

Well, Sir Tony, I think we should all treat the matter of British titles
with the respect the matter deserves.  Since either the notion of an
aristocracy or that of honoring individuals who bring filthy lucre into
the Sceptered Isle is repugnant, I hereby deem everyone Sir, even Lady Sir.

Hasn't Sir Andre done enough for Sceptered Isle cultural life to be so
honored?

Sir Douglas Purl, descended from Rotgut Sceptered Tapsters