Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 10:56:15 -0600
From:
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Tony Duggan notes, of Andre Previn:

>The Queen recently awarded him an Honorary Knighthood which shows how
>highly regarded he is here.

Some recent newspapers ads trumpeting Andre Previn's upcoming appearances
(playing jazz) in Kansas City, refer to him as 'Sir Andre Previn', which
is offensive to many Americans.  He's an American citizen, has never been
a British citizen, and by law and custom Americans cannot be designated
'Sir'.  We're anti-royalist democracy, don't you know.  'All men are
created equal.' I suppose the ad writers must think that people will be
impressed by the title.

Scott Morrison