From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 10:46:42 -0700
For those who are interested, I have updated my extender patty instruction
and price/mixture calculator page at
http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/Misc/Extender.htm

I've improved the spreadsheet and made the instructions more
understandable.  I'm not sure if the Mann Lake prices are current, if not
maybe someone will let me know.  At any rate, an idea of the relative cost
of dusting, buying patties, and making them oneself can had by a quick
glance.

I personally have had great results with the patties, however I do not use
them on hives that have scale, I do not leave them on all year, and I am
careful to place them in contact with the brood are.  I have always had
some failure using dust, but none with patties.
---

A reminder: The BeeAds page has lots of interesting ads from around the
world.  It seems that pretty well every ad placed there gets results.  And
if you want to find a dealer or broker, some are in the list.  Since there
is no cost, it is great place to put up your wish list or a list of items
you no longer need.  Now's the time to think about packages and queens for
the coming season here in the Northern Hemisphere.  Whether you wish to
buy or sell, why not run an ad?

--
Buy, sell, trade, get a job, hire help, announce a
meeting, advertise a business or publication...