From:
Roger Hecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 17:08:05 -0400
Karl Miller wrote:

>Yes, Fall River Legend and Interplay.  I also have a version of Rodeo
>conducted by Gould and with a short piece of gloriously outrageous
>honky-tonk piano introducing the Saturday Night Waltz - presumably what
>Copland intended - but I've never heard it in any other version.

If we're thinking of the same music, it should be in a recording of the
complete Billy the Kid.  I think that includes the Slatkin, which I heard
a few years ago but don't own.  I know it's on the Dorati/Mercury, which
is the one I own.  Very nice performance, with terrific sound (on LP).
I haven't heard the CD but I imagine that should be fine.

I recall with some fondness the disc you mention. An RCA LP with the Billy
suite, this added waltz and Rodeo. A bit of a collector's recording on LP.

Roger Hecht