From:
William Hong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 19:41:55 -0400
Mark Seeley wrote:

>Please recommend a recording of Benj.  Britten's Courtly Dances from
>Glorianna.

The only one I know of is the recording by The Julian Bream Consort.
In the CD incarnation I have, it's actually a filler with some genuine
Elizabethan consort music (Byrd, Downland, Morley etc.).  It was/is Vol.
6 of RCA's "Julian Bream Edition", Gold Seal 9026-61589-2, ca.  1993.  If
I had to venture a guess, I'd say it's no longer available in this guise.
You might have to see if there's a successor issue, or search used/cutout
bins.  Good luck.

>Also, is this the same thing as Glorianna Suite?  I am having trouble
>finding a recording containing Courtly Dances in the stores.

Not sure, myself.

Bill H.