From:
Jan Anton Brouwer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 22:14:33 +0200
Some weeks ago I got a new EMI cd with songs and choral works by Faure,
and I'm lost!  The mix of famous and merely unknown songs make this disc
for faure-lovers a must, and who didn't know his vocal music a the best
starting point.

Especially the Cantique de Jean Racine in its original setting for choir,
string quintet and organ is wonderful.  With the strings giving a special
effect this masterpiece is one of the most beautiful music I heard.
Please, hear this original version (and you are in heaven for 5 minutes)!
Performance is superb.

   Faure: La Naissance de Venus
   Oeuvres chorales & Melodies
   Solistes de Lyon directed by Bernard Tetu
   EMI

Like to hear your reactions.

Jan Anton, Amsterdam